Where can I recycle? »
Timber and wood are not accepted in your household recycling bin but you can take it to most household waste recycling centres. We recommend checking with your local council in the first instance.
Alternatively you could advertise it on Gumtree as many people can reuse it or even use untreated wood as firewood for the wood burning fires.
Can it be reused? Yes, keep off cuts as they can come in handy at a later date.
Can I do anything else with it?
- Use long pieces of scrap wood for garden stakes or create your own trellis;
- Use smaller off cuts to make sanding blocks;
- Try making door wedges with your off cuts, then paint or varnish them;
- If you are creative why not try making a bird house or feeder with your scrap wood?
- If your wood is treated with paint or varnish ask the recycling centre operative for advice on where to put it;
- Tree branches can be added to the green garden waste skip at your local recycling centre.