Crockery and Cutlery
Recycling crockery and cutlery
Vintage and retro items are all the rage at the moment so if you have any pretty porcelain cups, saucers or some pieces of cutlery to get rid of that are still in good, usable condition, consider the following options.
Get selling and make some money…
- Take to a car boot sale or bring and buy sale;
- Sell online at places like eBay and Gumtree.
Pass it on…
- Ask family and friends if they would like them – they could be just what they want!
- Donate it to a charity shop or local re-use organisation;
- Go online to give it away – try sites like Freecycle and Freegle.
It’s broken – what can I do?
Recycle it at your local recycling centre…
- Broken crockery is accepted in the ‘hardcore and rubble skips’;
- Metal cutlery can be recycled in the ‘metals’ skips.