It’s always good to keep hold of buttons as you never know when you might need them. Alternatively, buttons can be donated to local or national charity shops often found on the local high street.
If you have saved lots of buttons over the years and don’t know what to do with them, consider the following options:
Buttons can be used in lots of creative and fun ways:
- Re-use them to replace missing buttons on clothing;
- Personalise your clothes or bags by decorating them with buttons of assorted sizes and colours;
- String them to make colourful necklaces, bracelets and brooches;
- Design your own patterns and stick to picture frames or pots;
- Use as counters in any games with missing pieces.
Pass them on…
- Ask family and friends if they can use them – lots of people enjoy arts and crafts and would find them useful Go online to give them away;
- Take them to your local charity shop – they sometimes have a basket of buttons in varying shapes, sizes and colours for people to buy;
- Local playgroups, nurseries, schools, colleges might like them for art and craft sessions.