Where can I recycle?
Some councils now offer a household collection for the recycling of bubble wrap but this is still limited; check with your council to see if you can recycle this locally.
If you have bubble wrap to get rid of, there are a number of options:
Bubblewrap is particularly useful for:
- Protecting gifts or valuable items that are being posted;
- Wrapping items that are being moved or going into storage.
Pass it on…
- Ask family and friends if they can use it – if they are moving house or putting items into storage this will be most helpful;
- Go online to give it away – try sites like Freecycle and Freegle.
What else can I do with it?
- Use it in the garden to protect plants and pots from frost damage;
- Insulate your shed or greenhouse with it, piercing it to allow for ventilation.
Can I recycle it?
Bubblewrap is made from a type of plastic called polythene. Recycling collection services for plastics vary, so check the postcode locator or ask your council if you can recycle this at your local household waste recycling centre.